MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis police are investigating a deadly shooting in the Highland Heights neighborhood that possibly took place with a child nearby.
First responders were called to Powell Avenue and North Holmes early Monday morning and found a man unresponsive on the scene. He was pronounced dead.
Ernest Ray lives down the street. He told WREG’s Melissa Moon he didn’t hear anything, but saw officers first thing Monday morning when he walked out his door.
“They asked were these cameras activated and I told them, ‘Yeah, they are activitated.'”
It’s unclear if the video captured the shooting.
Our crew saw crime scene tape across the front of the house and police escorting a child out of one vehicle and into another.
Ray said he’s only lived on the street for a few months, but wasn’t surprised to hear someone was killed.
“It’s crazy because I’ve been attacked twice since I’ve been living here.”
Police have not identified the man and said there is no suspect information available.
If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- WATCH: Local leaders discuss election preparations, safety
- Mid-South man indicted on murder charge after teen gunned down
- Good grief! ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ no longer on TV
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show