MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police said officers responded to a shooting call in the 1700 block of Wellington in South Memphis on Saturday evening.
MPD said when officers arrived they located one adult male shooting victim. He was transported to Regional One Hospital in critical condition.
Detectives say this shooting was the result of a dice game that ended in gunfire. Memphis Police spent hours canvassing the area and speaking with possible witnesses.
Memphis Police said the responsible party was possibly in a maroon Nissan Maxima. There is the likelihood the victim may have known the shooter.
This is an ongoing investigation. If you know anything that could help detectives, you’re urged to make an anonymous call to Crime Stoppers at 528-CASH.
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely
- Give mom native plants this Mother’s Day and help Mother Nature, too
- How much money does it take to convince hesitant Americans to get vaccinated?
- Police: 3 hurt in Florida mall shooting as shoppers scatter
- Distant jurors to hear Mississippi police killing trial