MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Mid-South man was charged with second-degree murder after police say he fired shots into a crowd over the holiday weekend.
According to authorities, first responders found Markus Williams suffering from a possible gunshot wound to the head at 180 South Main on July 5. He was taken to the Regional Medical Center but died the next day.
Witnesses told investigators it all started after several people got into an argument over a female in the parking lot. A man identified by witnesses as Kennedy “Black” Moment reportedly pulled out a gun and fired shots into the crowd he had been arguing with.
Moment turned himself in on Thursday, July 9, and was charged with second-degree murder.
- Mayor moving forward with plan to “light up the city”
- TBI: 70-year-old Man considered armed and dangerous in double homicide
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Ravens cut ties with Collierville’s Morgan Cox
- Portland mayor pepper sprays man during confrontation outside restaurant: police