MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man was arrested after he reportedly called 911 many times and asked the dispatcher if they wanted to buy egg rolls.
Court documents say Huu Nguyen has called 911 approximately 1,171 times since July 15, 2020 without having an emergency. Nguyen reportedly called 911 241 times on September 1 and 32 times on September 2.
During one of the calls on September 2, Nguyen reportedly asked dispatchers if they wanted to buy egg rolls and then hung up.
Memphis Police found Nguyen in a shopping center in the area of Ridgeway and Winchester and took him into custody.
- Governor Bill Lee urges Tennesseans to follow COVID safety protocols as cases continue to rise
- Deputies: man exposed himself to woman in grocery store parking lot
- Car theft suspect found hiding in truck bed after fleeing police
- UPDATE: Pregnant woman critically injured, unborn baby killed in shooting on I-10 in Louisiana
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?