DESOTO COUNTY, Miss. — Construction caused a gas leak in a Southaven neighborhood Thursday morning, city officials said.
The DeSoto County sheriff said there was a “major gas leak” at Cherry Place Drive and Kenton Drive.
The sheriff put out a shelter in place alert, but canceled it a few minutes later.
According to Southaven’s public information officer, CSPIRE hit an unmarked line around 10 a.m. Some people were evacuated to a nearby church DeSoto Hills Baptist.
The gas company repaired damage within an hour.