NEW YORK — Author Mary Pope Osborne is preparing her million-selling “Magic Tree House” series for a new adventure.
She is teaming with playwright Jenny Laird and the illustrators-sisters Kelly Matthews and Nichole Matthews to adapt her work for graphic novels.
The first release will be an adaptation of the first “Magic Tree House” book, “Dinosaurs Before Dark.” It’s scheduled for May 4. Future editions are to come out every six months.
Random House Books for Young Readers says Osborne’s series has sold more than 140 million copies worldwide since it began in 1992.
Osborne says she hopes her books inspire kids with a love of reading and history.
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Wyoming health official calls ‘so-called pandemic’ a communist plot
- Hartford Courant, oldest US newspaper, to close its offices
- Tennessee library worker accused of burning conservative books
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’