MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Big Chicken, a fast-casual chicken sandwich chain founded by NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal, may be bringing the flavor to the Memphis area.
The company has signed an agreement with restaurant operating group Concept 2 Completion Hospitality to open three locations in greater Memphis and North Mississippi.
“Big Chicken fuses O’Neal’s home-cooked childhood favorites with today’s trending flavors,” the company’s website says.
The brand has more than a dozen locations nationwide, the magazine said. The first opened in Las Vegas in 2018, and the company says it’s planning more than 300 locations nationwide.
- Northern lights: Chance to see aurora returns Friday as solar storm continues
- Father of suspect in St. Jude worker’s death believes she’s innocent
- WATCH: Suspects shoot at car, man left in critical condition
- 11 states have ‘high’ or ‘very high’ respiratory illness: Map shows where sickness is spreading
- Viral hair stylist makes dreams come true for St. Jude’s little warriors and beyond
Concept 2 Completion Hospitality is made up of food industry veterans Cory Mason, Christopher Goss, Alexander Wertheim, Kenneth Crear and Cedric Crear.
“The choice to introduce this concept to Memphis was a no-brainer, we’re thrilled to be a part of the brand’s dynamic expansion, especially given that we have strong ties in the area. Currently, our primary goal is securing premium real estate to bring BIG fun back to our roots in Southwest Tennessee,” Goss said in a press release.
Big Chicken‘s website does not list any Memphis locations on the way but does note that a Chattanooga location is coming soon. The menu also lists a Memphis barbecue sauce as an ingredient in one chicken sandwich and a Nashville hot recipe for another sandwich.