This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police have said that Rainess Holmes, the suspect in the deadly double shooting that killed one Rhodes College student and injured another, has been taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals.

Memphis Police on Monday reported that investigators have issued an arrest warrant for Rainess Holmes, 36, for First Degree Murder, two counts Especially Aggravated Robbery, three counts Aggravated Robbery, Especially Aggravated Burglary, and Murder in the Perpetration of Aggravated Burglary.

After 48 hours of extensive investigation of numerous leads and Crime Stopper Tips, MPD called for the assistance of the U.S. Marshals Service Two Rivers Violent Fugitive Task Force.

Task Force investigators developed information that Holmes was at a house in the 3100 block of Powell.

Around 9:40 AM on Tuesday, Oct. 5th, the Marshals, Shelby County Fugitive Apprehension Team, along with MPD Officers from the N. Main and Tillman Stations safely took Holmes into custody without incident.

“We are thankful for the strong partnership our agencies share, as we effectively take violent criminals into custody,” Chief Cerelyn Davis said. ” We are hopeful the capture of Rainess Holmes will lead us to others who may have played a part in this crime.”

Chief Davis also said that they will continue working to seek justice for the victims and their families and ensured that they will work hard to protect the community.

U.S. Marshal Tyreece Miller expressed similar sentiments while adding, “This arrest is just one of the many examples of how Memphis Police and the Marshals Service collaborate every day to take dangerous individuals off our streets.”

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Holmes was added to the Tennessee Most Wanted list. Call MPD at (901)-545-2677 with information.

Rhodes College identified the victim in the shooting as senior Andrew “Drew” Rainer.

WREG has crews inbound to the scene and will update as more information becomes available.