MEMPHIS, Tenn. — One person was killed and another was injured following a shooting in Frayser early Wednesday, police say.
Around 1:15 a.m., officers responded to a call at the Shell gas station on Range Line Road where they located a woman suffering from a gunshot wound.
Memphis Police said a woman involved in the shooting flagged them down at the gas station. They were told the shooting took place in the 2800 block of Shady Vista Drive inside the Ridgecrest Apartments.
A store clerk said the woman came to the gas station looking for help.
Officers located a 28-year-old man who was shot dead inside the complex.
The woman was taken to the hospital in non-critical condition.
WREG has reported on numerous shootings and homicides at the Ridgecrest Apartments in the past.
Burvis Jackson, who has lived in the area for 18 years, said she sympathizes with the victims but has little hope for the future of the complex.
“Ain’t nothing can be done. I don’t care what you do. As long as these young folks got gangs going on, there is nothing you can do. Only thing you can do is pray for them,” she said.
No suspect information is available at this time. If you know anything about this incident, please call CrimeStoppers at 901-CASH.
- 665 FBI employees left agency after misconduct investigations: whistleblower disclosure
- Young women are trending liberal. Young men are not
- ‘We are raising violent offenders’: FBI data sheds light on Tennessee’s violent crime rate
- Hurricane Julia expected to form over Caribbean this weekend
- New DCS head says some children are sleeping on office floors, staff and kids are ‘traumatized’