MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Local officials and companies are providing free cases of water while they last beginning at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The city of Memphis made its announcement on social media around noon. There will be seven sites around the city, one in each single-member City Council district, to pick up water.
Those locations are:
- New Raleigh Civic Center, 3384 Austin Peay
- Bert Ferguson Community Center, 8505 Trinity
- Hickory Hill Community Center, 3910 Ridgeway
- Fire Station 22, 2690 Lamar
- Pink Palace, 3050 Central
- South Memphis Senior Center, 1620 Marjorie
- Hollywood Community Center, 1560 N. Hollywood.
Call 901-636-6786 for more information.
Also at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Shelby County government will give away 38,000 bottles of water to Shelby County residents who have been impacted by the current Boil Water Advisory.
The water distribution will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Emergency Management and Homeland Security Warehouse at 6393 Haley Road. Shelby County Government will distribute only one case of water per vehicle.
The Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security partnered with Kroger Delta Division and Tennessee Valley Authority.
The water giveaway comes as MLGW customers remain on a boil-water advisory due to low water pressure in the system.