MEMPHIS, Tenn. — An Arkansas woman has died after a crash on I-55, according to the Arkansas Department of Public Safety.
The crash happened in the northbound lanes of I-55 in Mississippi County around 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
Reports say Brittany Woodson, 27, lost control of her car after she attempted to switch lanes to avoid hitting other vehicles, causing her to collide with the back of a tractor trailer.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries were reported.
More Local Top Stories
- JSU postpones move-in day for students due to city’s water crisis
- Louisiana woman praising Mid-South man for returning accidental money transfer
- Shady Grove residents frustrated after months without street lights
- Demand for monkeypox vaccines is up in Shelby County
- Retired Memphis fire chief remembers firefighter killed in crash