KNOX COUNTY (WATE) – A live mortar round was found at Concord park Sunday afternoon, the Knox County Sheriff’s Office said.
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office confirmed that the round was live. The 60mm mortar was collected by the KCSO Bomb Unit.
The round will be picked up by military personnel on Monday for safe disposal.
No injuries were reported.
- Former employees accused of road rage against Papa John’s manager
- TDOT: Lanes of I-40/I-240 junction blocked after accident involving overturned vehicle
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Biden aims to slow climate change, grow jobs with new initiative
- MPD: Man found dead along Memphis interstate