MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Kentucky woman has been indicted on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of a friend during an argument.
Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Harley Berry, 20, is being held in the Shelby County Women’s Jail East.
Investigators said Berry was with friends on May 30 at a rented house in the 900 block of Sheridan when she got into an argument with 22-year-old Elijah McQueary. Witnesses reported that Berry stabbed McQueary several times with a kitchen knife.
Berry was arrested in Elizabethtown and returned to Memphis.
- Nine Tigers named to All-AAC honors
- Tigers fall to No.23 Marquette, 88-59
- Jefferson has 16, Rickards 15 as No. 22 Louisville women top No. 19 Ole Miss 64-58
- No.21 Mississippi State dropped by Canes for first loss of the season
- Battle, Brazile and defense lead Arkansas to victory over No. 7 Duke, 80-75