MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Kentucky woman has been indicted on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of a friend during an argument.
Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Harley Berry, 20, is being held in the Shelby County Women’s Jail East.
Investigators said Berry was with friends on May 30 at a rented house in the 900 block of Sheridan when she got into an argument with 22-year-old Elijah McQueary. Witnesses reported that Berry stabbed McQueary several times with a kitchen knife.
Berry was arrested in Elizabethtown and returned to Memphis.
- Arkansas man accused of shooting and killing his uncle
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Cowboys assistant Markus Paul dies day after medical event
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- Arkansas teen gets over 200 license plates after grandmother’s Facebook post goes viral