CARLYLE, Ill. (WTVO) — A police department in Central Illinois is going viral after sharing a heartwarming post about a child who was taken into protective custody.
The sheriff’s office shared that a correctional officer spent her own money for the child on diapers, a stuffed animal, and clean clothing.
The department said staff took care of the child for over six hours until a family member was able to take over custody.
- ‘We know this is real’: New clinics aid coronavirus ‘long-haulers’
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- SAT doing away with optional essay and subject tests
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- Texas man threatened to shoot his children as ‘traitors’ if they turned him in over Capitol riots, documents say