DESOTO COUNTY, Miss. — Crews worked for several hours to free an 18-wheeler after it crashed into some trees off I-55 early Friday morning.
According to the Desoto County Sheriff’s Department, the accident happened on the southbound side between Goodman and Church Road in Southaven. The rig went off the roadway and into a wooded area alongside the interstate.
Officers blocked the far right lane of traffic for several hours as crews worked to cut the tree around the rig. Eventually they were forced to shut down all lanes as they pulled the truck from the crash site.
The roadway was reopened completely by 1:15 p.m.
- Tunica County officials to host pop-up vaccination clinic
- Group seeks to build trust in health care among vaccine-hesitant
- Paycheck Fairness Act passes in House, faces uphill battle in Senate
- FedEx cell phone policy in question after deadly mass shooting at Indianapolis facility
- St. Patrick’s parade returning to Beale Street in May instead of March this year