MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis Police said due to an investigation, three lanes of northbound traffic on I-240 East, between Walnut Grove and the I-40 flyover to go eastbound will be temporarily closed until further notice.
According to the T-DOT Smartway website, the interstate is closed due to a possible shooting. Motorists are urged to take an alternative route, as it is not known when the expressway will reopen.
MPD said the shooting was reported around 6:30 p.m. No injuries were reported; however, a vehicle was struck. MPD said officers have one person detained, and traffic delays were due to attempting to locate evidence.
- Police: Human bones found on Mud Island
- Former LeMoyne-Owen basketball coach Jerry Johnson dies at 102
- Memphis is the mashed potatoes capital of America? Company says it is, and they’re mailing samples to city
- Pinson leads No. 19 Missouri to 73-64 win at No. 6 Tennessee
- Rapper Lil Baby, Councilman Smiley put on coat drive in Frayser