MEMPHIS, Tenn. — One person was killed following a shooting early Thursday morning in southeast Memphis.
First responders arrived at the Fieldstone Apartments in the 3200 block of Remington Trace around 2 a.m. Thursday and found a man suffering from a gunshot wound. He was rushed to the Regional Medical Center where he later died.
Authorities said it wasn’t a random act of violence and the news left some residents stunned.
“I saw people running, but I didn’t didn’t know what the commotion was,” said resident William Harris. “But I f I had known that I would have got up and checked and seen. I just hate it happened.”
Harris lives in a different section of the apartment complex and told WREG’s Melissa Moon that up until now he’s felt safe.
“It’s been pretty quiet since I’ve been over here.”
So far this year there have been 245 murder and nearly 280 homicides in Memphis. MPD said they have investigated just over 6,200 aggravated assaults with 377 of those happening this month.
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- These cars have the most loyal owners
- Downside of ditching masks: Return of winter-like viruses, especially in kids
- Cookeville police search for man accused of kidnapping 2 Sam’s Club employees at gunpoint
- What are the most popular smart home devices?
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer