MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Grand Jury indicted a 19-year-old man in the August shooting death of an off-duty Memphis firefighter in the parking lot of a Whitehaven apartment complex.
Delvone Williams was indicted on charges of first-degree murder in the commission of a felony and attempted especially aggravated robbery.
Back on Aug 16., police were called to the 4100 block of Eastwind Drive in the Hillcrest Apartments where they found Courtney Anderson in the parking lot with a fatal gunshot wound.
Williams was developed as a suspect and was arrested about a week later.
The case is being handled by Chief Prosecutor Stephanie Johnson of the District Attorney’s Vertical Team 2 which handles cases in General Sessions Division 9 and in Criminal Court Division 2.
- Dogecoin ‘to the moon,’ will fund SpaceX project, Musk says
- Tennessee governor says federal pandemic unemployment relief will end in state July 3
- Long lines form at gas pumps, prices rise after cyberattack hits pipeline
- Package with $495,000 worth of fake championship rings intercepted in Indianapolis
- Governor Hutchinson announces Arkansas children ages 12 to 15 can receive COVID-19 vaccinations