MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Mayor Jim Strickland and an advisory council are moving forward with their police reforms efforts.
The focus of these conversations will be finding ways to improve the Memphis Police Department.
The Advisory Council on Reimagining Policing will hold another focus groups Thursday. Members hope to increase the transparency, accountability and relationship between the department and the community it serves.
The group will also evaluate the use of force by MPD officers.
Thursday’s focus group will be from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.. To participate you must register online and have access to a computer or phone with a microphone and camera.
The limit is 50 participants.
The focus group will also have meetings on November 7 and 12.
- Friends say Memphis rapper among two killed outside a gas station in Fox Meadows
- West Memphis Police officers to wear body cameras
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- San Antonio airport locked down after active shooter situation
- CDC: Just 5,800 people have gotten COVID after being vaccinated