MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Fire Department said a fisherman drowned over the weekend in a pond in Raleigh.
It happened at Old Mill Pond along Hobson Road and Hawkins Mill Road around 9 p.m. Sunday.
Two men were reportedly fishing when their aluminum boat capsized. One man managed to climb on top of the overturned boat but the other disappeared under the water.
Rescuers found a 60-year-old man who was unresponsive. He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
His identity has not been released pending notification of the family.
- Grizzlies return to practice after week long pause due to NBA protocols
- Razorbacks push their winning streak to three straight by knocking off the Rebels
- Mother, 4 children killed in fire at suburban Chicago home
- Shelby Co. health director apologizes for issues at vaccination site
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years