MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Fire Department said a fisherman drowned over the weekend in a pond in Raleigh.
It happened at Old Mill Pond along Hobson Road and Hawkins Mill Road around 9 p.m. Sunday.
Two men were reportedly fishing when their aluminum boat capsized. One man managed to climb on top of the overturned boat but the other disappeared under the water.
Rescuers found a 60-year-old man who was unresponsive. He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
His identity has not been released pending notification of the family.
- Shelby County Health Dept. hosts mass testing event in hopes to reaching the Hispanic community
- Memphis gun violence: 2 dead, at least 2 hurt in shootings on Sunday
- Car crashes into tree and takes down light pole on Mud Island
- Judge agrees to delay US government restrictions on WeChat
- Mourners gather at the Supreme Court Building to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg