NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A fired Tennessee State Trooper is now facing an assault charge following a video showing the trooper ripping a mask off a protester’s face.
Andrew Golden said he was videotaping a traffic stop on state property when Trooper Harvey Briggs approached him. In the video, you can see the two getting into a verbal confrontation before Briggs walked up to Golden and appeared to rip a mask off his face. Briggs was ultimately fired by THP.
Briggs now faces a misdemeanor assault charge. An affidavit attained by News 2 said the charges are for throwing the victim’s face mask, touching his face, and throwing the mask in the air without the victim’s consent.
- Pope says MLK’s message of non-violent protest timely now
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- Tennessee OKs Medicaid block grant; fate unclear under Biden
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?