Fire damages Northeast Memphis apartment building

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Cooking oil left unattended on a stove is the cause of an apartment fire in Northeast Memphis.

Firefighters were called to the Arbors at Century Center Apartments on Century Center Parkway near Whitten Road around 4:30 a.m. Monday.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to put out the flames.

No one was injured.

Six units were affected by the fire, causing an estimated $200,000 in damage.

The American Red Cross provided assistance to six families.


Latest News

More News