This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Memphis) Fire investigators are trying to figure out what sparked an overnight fire that damaged a Beale Street landmark.

The fire broke out around 1 a.m. Monday inside the kitchen at B.B. King’s Blues Club on Beale Street.

Luckily, the building’s sprinkler system was able to keep the fire from spreading into the club — but the fire did do some damage to the roof.

The club was closed when the fire broke out and only a few employees were inside. They all made it out safely.