Fire breaks out at Peppertree Apartments, firefighter hospitalized

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A firefighter was hospitalized after responding to a fire at the Peppertree Apartments in the 4200 block of Graceland Drive in Whitehaven.

A heavy fire broke out there Wednesday afternoon, and the area of the apartment complex was filled with smoke.

One of the firefighters suffered elevated blood pressure and went to Methodist University Hospital.

He has since been released, Memphis Fire said.

Fire officials said the blaze was electrical and started from an oven that malfunctioned.

Four apartments were damaged, with a total of $150,000 building damage and $50,000 of damage to the contents.


Latest News

More News