MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Residents in South Memphis and Midtown got a scare Friday night when they heard and saw several explosions coming from a low-flying plane over their homes.
One person on Nextdoor reported seeing six to seven large fireballs from the plane as it approached from the south around 6:30. Others said the booms shook their houses.
FedEx Express confirmed Friday night that there was an issue just after takeoff on one of its flights headed to Minneapolis.
A company spokesperson said the plane turned back to the Memphis airport and landed without incident. There were no injuries.
Maintenance crews were checking the aircraft, the company said.
- Bear spends an hour trapped inside car with a case of beer
- Navy and FBI giving U.S. House committee classified UFO briefing today
- Jada Pinkett Smith reveals original handwritten Tupac poem on his 50th birthday
- Vols baseball’s biggest little fan shares excitement as he heads to Omaha
- World’s Strongest Man competition heats up in California’s triple-digit temperatures