SENATOBIA, Miss. – The father of a 2-year-old girl who accidentally shot herself in Senatobia has been charged in connection with the shooting.
Senatobia Police say 21-year-old Mardarikkious Walls of Sardis, Mississippi, was charged with contributing to the neglect of a child.
The shooting happened around 9 a.m. Monday, November 2 at a home on Line Street in Senatobia.
The child was rushed to the hospital for treatment and was released later the same day.
Senatobia Police say preliminary evidence suggests the gun accidentally discharged when she was left alone in a bedroom with a handgun.
Walls has been released on a $2,500 bond.
- 4-year-old Arkansas boy develops serious condition resulting from COVID-19
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway
- Joanne Rogers, widow of television icon Fred Rogers, dies at 92
- ‘The avalanche was in control’: Video shows snowboarder survive scary snow slide