CLEVELAND, Tenn (WATE) – Authorities said an elderly couple reported missing as they were driving back home from Gatlinburg were found safe.
According to WKRN, Ken and Betty Hicks were located in Brookhaven, Georgia. They were in good health and family is headed to retrieve them.
Police said Betty Hicks, 87, and husband Ken, 82, left their home in Cleveland on Saturday at 10 a.m. On their way home, they became disoriented and confused, causing them to get lost.
Family told police that Ken Hicks has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- Man sentenced to 52 years in string of armed robberies at Memphis businesses
- Problem Solvers story helps turn around driveway nightmare
- Memphis in May officials are planning ahead for 2021 with safety being the top priority
- Oxford Police say several people report something slipped into drinks on Square