MEMPHIS, Tenn. — One person was killed and several others injured following a crash on Highway 51 Thursday evening.
According to police, a white Pontiac was traveling southbound on Highway 51 near Northgate Street when it forced another vehicle into northbound traffic. The second vehicle was unable to get back in the southbound lane and hit a third vehicle head on.
The driver of the Pontiac fled the scene after the accident, authorities said.
Both remaining drivers and a juvenile in the third vehicle were taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. Simone Hinton, who was the front passenger in the third vehicle, was pronounced dead on the scene.
If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- Cubs, Sox to let some fans into stands as COVID numbers fall
- COVID-19 in Arkansas: Active case count continues decline, state expands vaccine eligibility list
- When is Daylight Saving Time?
- Judge ends shooting case against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend
- Stocks rise broadly on Wall Street even as technology lags