MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Power outages in downtown Memphis left thousands of Memphis Light, Gas and Water customers in the dark Thursday evening.
More than 4900 customers were affected by eight outages at one point. The outages were primarily in the downtown area.
MLGW released a statement late Thursday night, saying the outage was caused by an underground network fire that damaged MLGW equipment Thursday afternoon.
Most of the outages were reported around 6:30 PM Thursday evening.
MLGW fixed the problem as of 5 a.m. Friday. If you’re a customer still in need of assistance, call MLGW at (901) 544-6500.
- Shelby County leaders launch campaign to provide kids with masks
- Tennessee judge rules election panel violated open meetings
- Pair charged for plot to attack White House, Trump Tower
- University of Memphis Athletics Department to cut positions, furlough workers due to coronavirus
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday