DESOTO COUNTY, Miss. — An Olive Branch man is in custody after a standoff with the SWAT team, on Monday.
DeSoto County officials said the man, Tavares Smith, assaulted his cousin and barricaded himself in the attic and would not leave the house. The incident happened in the 9200 block of Plantation Road around 1 p.m.
Officials said they attempted a writ-mental commitment and had to use tear gas to get Smith out of the attic. Smith went on to Facebook Live and recorded the ordeal.
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Biden ordering stopgap relief as talks start on big stimulus plan
- Big second half carries Tigers to big win over Shockers
- Man steals $30,000 worth of wiring from Renasant Convention Center