DESOTO COUNTY, Miss. — An Olive Branch man is in custody after a standoff with the SWAT team, on Monday.
DeSoto County officials said the man, Tavares Smith, assaulted his cousin and barricaded himself in the attic and would not leave the house. The incident happened in the 9200 block of Plantation Road around 1 p.m.
Officials said they attempted a writ-mental commitment and had to use tear gas to get Smith out of the attic. Smith went on to Facebook Live and recorded the ordeal.
- Senate votes to advance Amy Coney Barrett; confirmation expected Monday
- Police: Woman found shot to death at Whitehaven Motel 6
- Memphis Police investigating shooting in South Memphis
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Instructor, student pilot died in Magnolia Springs plane crash; both Identified