MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Authorities launched an investigation after the death of a little girl in Whitehaven.
Police said they received a distress call around 6 a.m. Thursday reporting that a one-year-old girl was dead at a home in the 5500 block of Lochinvar Road near East Holmes and Millbranch Road.
MPD says there were no visible signs of foul play but they are still investigating. The child has not been identified and no arrests have been made.
Officers interviewed the family — two adults and several children — as part of their investigation.
- Oxford animal shelter won’t take new animals following police investigation
- Mom responsible for Tennessee Missing Children’s Day still looking for her daughter 20 years later
- Two killed, two others injured in Oxford crash
- ServiceMaster Brands relocating from Memphis to Atlanta; some job loss expected
- Bill inspired by Memphis case could make ‘sexual abuse of a corpse’ a crime in Tennessee