JACKSON, Miss. — The Boil-Water Alert for the Country Haven Mobile Home Park in Desoto County has been released.
Officials with the Mississippi State Department of Health said the water from this system is now safe to drink.
Now that the Boil-Water Alert has been lifted, the Health Department advised you take the following steps to continue to keep you and your family safe.
Flush faucets for a total of 10 minutes to introduce system water throughout house plumbing.
1 faucet — run for 10 minutes
2 faucets — run both for 5 minutes
3 faucets — run each for 3-4 minutes
- Flush any faucet a minimum of 2 minutes to ensure clearing of the line serving the faucet.
- Discard any drinks, ice, food, etc, made during the boil water notice.
- Rewash any food or drink contact items (knives, forks, plates, etc.) with “cleared” system water.
- Check water filters (in faucets, refrigerators and elsewhere) and replace if necessary.
- Do not use water from your hot water heater for drinking until several exchanges of the tank have occurred.
- Run dishwasher through a cycle or two before washing dishes.
The area was placed under a Boil-Water Alert on Thursday affecting more than 660 customers in the area.