KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Board of Health’s order to close all bars in the county is now in effect.
Sunday night was the last night to visit your favorite Knoxville bar. The regulation began at 12:01 a.m. on Monday. The new restriction on bars is set to run through Thursday, August 20 but health officials say it may be extended if necessary.
The board’s order says anyone found violating the mandate may have their alcohol license revoked or suspended.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Bar owner excited to reopen after being shut down for six months
- Election commission votes against FedExForum as early voting site
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- 3 people shot late Tuesday; Memphis Police say no suspect information is known at this time