MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Cordova man was charged with vehicular homicide weeks after a crash near Wolfchase Galleria Mall.
On October 3, officers were called to Highway 64 and Brunswick Road after a crash involving a 2004 Ford Explorer and a Dodge Caravan.
According to police, Davis Foster, 51, was driving drunk when he veered into the westbound lanes and struck Betty Ferrell’s vehicle head on. He sustained only minor injuries while Ferrell was rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
Authorities said Ferrell died the next day.
The police report indicated Foster’s blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit at the time of the crash.
A warrant was issued for Foster on Noveber 13. He was on the run until Wednesday when the U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force located him at a home on Misty Point Cove in Cordova. The suspect reportedly refused to come out and authorities had to open it with force.
He was arrested and charged with vehicular homicide, reckless driving, public intoxication and driving while under the influence.
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days
- Most TN lawmakers want a say about a future governor’s emergency powers
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Penny Hardaway with some tough love for his Tigers heading into home opener against Arkansas State
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record