PORTLAND, Maine — Over the summer, shoppers snapped up boats, bicycles and outdoor furniture during the pandemic. With the changing of the season, they’re snapping up snowshoes, winter boots and coats, showing they’re still determined to get outside.
Analysts say many retailers have suffered during the pandemic, but outdoors gear and comfort clothing have been a hit, giving a boost to beleaguered retail sector.
L.L. Bean, for example, says sales of snowshoes are up 358%.
Retail analysts say the trend is helping some retailers salvage what would’ve been an even tougher year during a pandemic.
- Clarksdale, Mississippi celebrates its role in the Civil Rights Movement with new map
- Tigers lose last home game as AAC moves Cougars game to Houston
- WATCH: Mayor Lee Harris holds press conference on vaccines
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions
- Back to class: Many teachers apprehensive about return, but SCS says buildings are safe