MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Riverside Drive will reopen on weekdays only beginning Monday, Aug. 3, the city announced Wednesday.
All lanes will be open Monday mornings through Friday afternoons, but will be closed to vehicles after rush hour on Fridays, continuing through the weekend.
Riverside Drive, which runs next to Tom Lee park on the city’s riverfront, was closed by the mayor March 31, along with access to city parks, in response to people congregating after the city’s safer-at-home orders were put in place.
It was scheduled to reopen on weekdays when the city moved into phase 3 of its reopening plans in June. But those plans were delayed when COVID cases spiked again.
- Latino groups set high expectations for Biden’s DHS nominee
- Dr. Glenda Glover reflects on election and future possibilities
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Agents: Ingram agrees to max deal extension with Pelicans
- SC congressman hoping Biden administration can bring Americans together