EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — Have you eaten a lot of chocolate during the pandemic? You’re not alone.
Chocolate sales have spiked in the past few months, according to a report from the National Confectioners Association. The data shows demand for the confection has surpassed demand for overall candy from March to August.
Premium chocolate saw the largest growth with a sales spike of 12.5%, and non-premium chocolate saw a sales increase of 5.5%. The overall candy market increased by 3.8%.
The U.S. Chocolate Market is expected to surpass $20 billion by 2025, according to Global Market Research Firm IndexBox.
- Thanks to 30 from Kawhi Leonard, Grizzlies and Clippers split their back to back
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Shelby County commissioners frustrated with health director, mayor after vaccine debacle
- Mayor Strickland vows to avoid repeat of health department’s mistakes
- State health department lead comes down hard on Shelby County