MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A section of Lamar Avenue was blocked off early Wednesday morning as fire crews worked to contain a fire at a local business.
It happened at the 24 Hour Tire in the 3500 block near Democrat just before 2 a.m. Wednesday.
Authorities said this was a case of arson as an accelerant was used to set a vehicle in the back of the building on fire. The blaze quickly spread causing the roof to collapse, destroying the buidling.
Three vehicles inside the shop were also destroyed.
It took fire crews more than two hours to bring the fire under control.
No one was inside the building when the fire started. Three firefighters were treated on the scene for minor injuries.
If you know anything, call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Bar owner excited to reopen after being shut down for six months
- Election commission votes against FedExForum as early voting site
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- 3 people shot late Tuesday; Memphis Police say no suspect information is known at this time