MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Caught on camera, a porch pirate takes a package from a home in Hickory Hill.
The get-a-way car is a dark vehicle with a white front bumper, and it fits the same description of one seen on several other home security cameras from Hickory Hill to High Point Terrace, between August and late October.
Police were able to link the car to 18-year-old Jerry Lawhorn who lives on Meadow Bend Drive, a street where police said he lifted packages from the porch of at least one other house.
WREG-TV went to Lawhorn’s address and a juvenile answered the door and said he was not home.
Police also said a clerk at this Citgo Station at Summer and Highland reported the occupants of a dark vehicle with a white bumper shooting a b-b gun at a man in the parking lot hitting him in the arm and back and shattering a car window.
The vehicle was spotted a few days later at Raines and Kirby Parkway where officers recovered a b-b gun pistol.
Lawhorn and his 13-year-old brother were in the car and police said Lawhorn admitted to having his brother in the car during the reported thefts.
The 13-year-old is also been charged but police aren’t saying what role he played in the crimes.
- How valuable is your favorite team? Forbes just ranked the top 50
- Memphis Police searching for missing 1-year-old boy last seen with his father
- MPD: 2 shot, including an 11-year-old child, in South Memphis
- Founder of Mother’s Day hated candy and greeting cards, preferred moms get a different gift entirely
- Give mom native plants this Mother’s Day and help Mother Nature, too