LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The Arkansas Department of Health reported its first flu-related death during flu season.
The person that died was over 65 years old.
The Arkansas Department of Health reports that flu season began in September.
Since September 27, 2020, 118 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by health care providers.
A majority were influenza “A.”
Last flu season, 125 people died from the the flu.
For more information on the weekly flu reports, visit the Arkansas Department of Health website.
- Rocky the Christmas tree stowaway owl returns to the wild
- Mental health expert shares tips on civility at Thanksgiving
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- High court blocks New York coronavirus limits on houses of worship
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving