ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Nikki McKibbin, a singer from Texas best known for her third place finish in the first season of American Idol, has died.
She was 42. McKibbin’s husband, Craig Sadler, confirmed her death in a Facebook post, saying that she had died after suffering a brain aneurysm on Wednesday and was taken off life support early Sunday. McKibbin appeared on ‘American Idol’ in 2002, finishing behind Justin Guarini and Kelly Clarkson, who won the competition.
A 23-year-old from Grand Prairie, Texas, McKibbin impressed the judges with soulful performances of songs by Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks and others. In a statement, the show called her an ‘incredible talent’ and said McKibbin was ‘part of our American Idol family and will be truly missed.
- Arkansas man accused of shooting and killing his uncle
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Cowboys assistant Markus Paul dies day after medical event
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- Arkansas teen gets over 200 license plates after grandmother’s Facebook post goes viral