This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. – A fire that began in a garage attached to a California home displaced a family of five and destroyed about 1,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

No injuries were reported.

The homeowner is a Girl Scout leader and had a shipment of their famous cookies at the home.

At about $5 a box, that’s a loss of $5,000.

The Girl Scout Council said they’ll replace the cookies according to KSWB-TV.

Lysa Perkins told the station, “When the firefighters were bringing out all the stuff out of the garage, it was quite a scene. We had one thin mint box on fire and then a box that was untouched…so buy thin mints!”