BOONEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — A girl has died and her sister is in critical condition after being found in a hot car on July 20.
The Arkansas State Police is investigating the death of a three-year-old girl and injury to her 15-month-old sister. Both are the apparent victims of heat while they were inside a car parked outside their mother’s home in Booneville yesterday.
Kaylee Petchenik, 21, of Booneville, contacted local police about 2 p.m. stating that when she awoke from a nap, her children were missing.
A Booneville police officer who responded to the residence found the children, both unconscious, lying on the car’s back floorboard.
The three-year-old girl was later pronounced dead at a Booneville hospital. Her body has been transported to the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory for purposes of an autopsy.
The 15-month-old remains hospitalized in Little Rock. She is in stable, but critical condition.
Special Agents of the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division are leading the investigation and will submit a case file to the Logan County prosecuting attorney for consideration.
- ‘He hasn’t shown any interest in doing the work’ – Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Memphis Police are looking for 66-year-old woman who has dementia
- NCAAP, owner want man who burned campaign signs to face charges
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court