MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 14-year-old boy was shot and killed in the 3400 block of Elk Point Drive in Raleigh late Tuesday evening.
His mother on Thursday identified him as KaVeon Monie. She said KaVeon was the second of six children, a “beautiful child” who played basketball at Egypt elementary and middle schools and loved designer clothes and shoes.
Now people in the community are demanding answers and asking for the violence to stop. Along Elk Point Drive many people have signs in their yards that read “stop the killings.”
Neighbors who did not want to appear on camera told WREG-TV that they are deeply hurt to hear another young person’s life was senselessly taken away.
At this time, no arrest has been made, and Memphis Police said this is an ongoing investigation.
KaVeon’s death marks the third child killed in Memphis in the first two weeks of 2021.
- Jonas Valančiūnas lead Grizzlies over Bulls in 101-90 victory
- Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins addresses police shooting of Daunte Wright
- Man carjacked, shot at after pulling into driveway
- Horn Lake police looking for stabbing suspect girlfriend identifies from her hospital bed
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense