GRENADA, Miss. (WJTV) – The Grenada Police Department is investigating after 11 people were shot at a biker club in Grenada early Sunday morning, according to the Delta Democrat Times.
Authorities from the Grenada Police Department and the Grenada County Sheriff’s Department responded to multiple shots fired at SMS Biker Club on Highway 8 East shortly after 1:30 a.m.
Law enforcement agents in Grenada are calling the incident a “mass shooting.”
Below: Gunshots can be heard at the club in a video submitted by a witness.
According to Acting Police Chief George Douglas, the victims were treated for gunshot wounds at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) in Grenada and other area hospitals including Greenwood Leflore Hospital and Tyler Holmes Memorial Hospital. Douglas said some of the victims were treated and released, the newspaper reported.
No deaths have been reported and no arrests have been made at this time.
- Mississippi coach Lane Kiffin hires Baker as passing game coordinator/TEs coach
- Mass vaccination sites ready across the US as states wait for supply of more vaccines
- Large police presence reported at Claybrook, Overton Park Avenue
- ‘THIS IS ME’: Rioters flaunt involvement in Capitol siege on social media
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits