Memphis City Council
From the city’s budget to a comprehensive city planning effort, the Memphis City Council will address a number of items during Tuesday’s scheduled meetings. Council members Martavius Jones and Patrice Robinson joined us on Monday to discuss what lies ahead.
Easy anti-aging tips
We've all heard of hacks and tricks to help slow down the clock on aging, but there is a new method that works from the inside out. Lee Ann Foster explained how the Red Light can make you look younger.
A cooking video launched his career and made him internet famous. Since then, Chef Hoyt Tidwell has created some recipes that he hopes will help bring family dinner back to the dining room.
Check out his YouTube videos here: Hoyt's Kitchen
- 1 can of pink salmon; drain
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of bread crumbs or cornmeal oats or crackers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- splash of lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- lard or shortening for frying
- Pour salmon onto paper plate; remove bones and skin from salmon
- Put salmon into a bowl and add egg, bread crumbs, onions, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, salt and peppers. Mix well
- Shape salmon mixture into patties and then set aside
- Heat enough lard or shortening in cast iron skillet to have 1/4-inch depth
- Over medium heat, brown patties on both sides for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Take out of skillet and transfer to a paper towel to soak up grease
- Repeat until all are cooked
Memphis People's Convention
An organization is holding an event that gives people across Memphis the chance to hear from candidates running in this year's election. All of the candidates are invited to participate. Doctor Earle Fisher stopped by to explain the Memphis People's Convention, which is happening on Saturday, June 8.