First responders got the call around 7:30 p.m. Lieutenant Cooke told WREG, people in the church were getting ready for worship when they smelled smoke and called the fire department.
Firefighters had to break the glass out of a window as they tried to get some more ventilation inside. They were also trying to put out flames that were coming out of the roof of the fellowship hall.
One woman who was inside told us they were getting ready for choir practice when they smelled something burning. They still don't know where the fire started.
"It was surreal, because we were just there to rehearse and get ready for Sunday service. As we came out, I was the last one out," Nellgene Hardrick said.
Luckily everyone made it out safely. And officials say no one was injured.
She also says she's hoping the fire didn't spread into the sanctuary around back, because they just renovated it. Hardrick also says the church had been working on Thanksgiving meals to pass out, and they were being kept in the fellowship hall.
Blessed Trinity Baptist Church is small. They have a core of 15 people who are very active. So it could be hard to replace those supplies.
This is a developing story.