Thanks for the Cash – November 2018 Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Entrants in the Thanks for the Cash – November 2018 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by WREG-TV and reside in the Memphis Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by The Nielsen Company. Employees of WREG-TV, WREG License, LLC , (collectively, the “Sponsor”), and their respective affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, the Sweepstakes’ participating sponsors and the advertising agencies, promotion agencies, and any other entity involved in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes and employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside the DMA. Winners of any other WREG-TV sweepstakes since November 30, 2017 will be disqualified[BJH1] . WREG reserves the right to validate eligibility based on these Official Rules.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, October 29, 2018 at or around 6:00 am CT and ends on Friday, November 16, 2018 at 10:35 pm CT (the “Entry Period”). All weekends during the Entry Period are not included in this Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: Each weekday during the Entry Period, viewers will be invited to watch or listen to the WREG-TV News Channel 3 newscasts at the following times: 6:00-7:00 am CT and 10:00-10:35 pm CT (the “Newscasts”); during each Newscast there will be an identified cue with a phone number, that Newscast’s “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase which will be revealed on-screen, and an invitation to call the specified toll free phone number. The third person who calls after the cue is announced will be asked if they know that Newscast’s “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase. If the caller correctly names the “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase, he or she is the participant for that Newscast, assuming all eligibility requirements are met (“Participant”). If the initial third caller does not correctly name the “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase for that Newscast, he or she will be disqualified and the next caller on the line will be asked for the “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase and whether they meet the eligibility requirements. This process will continue until a caller can correctly name the “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase and meet the eligibility requirements. That person will become the Participant. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the Thanks for the Cash promotional announcement if breaking news or other unanticipated events prevent the Thanks for the Cash promotional announcement from occurring as scheduled. If such changes occur, they will be posted on WREG.com.
4. Prize: Prizes for the Participants are determined by the play of the “Thanks for the Cash Sweepstakes” game during each Newscast. During each Newscast, a commercial will reveal a predetermined “Thanks for the Cash” word and a dollar amount will appear on-screen, ranging from $300-$1,500. The Participant for that Newscast will win the prize amount revealed in the “Thanks for the Cash” promotional announcement, payable in a cash debit card. WREG reserves the right to pre-record the “Thanks for the Cash” segment prior to air due to time constraints. There will be a potential total of two prize winners each weekday, one from each of the Newscasts, subject to verification of Participant’s eligibility.
5. Winner Notifications: The Sweepstakes winners will be notified by telephone during their call-in.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Limit one prize per person, household, and phone number. Winners are subject to verification by WREG-TV of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number. Sweepstakes winner may be issued an IRS form 1099 if the prize value is $600 or more. In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must appear in person at the business offices of WREG, located at 803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., within 10 days after winning or the prize may be forfeited. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. If a winner is disqualified or is otherwise found to be ineligible, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than provided more in these Official Rules. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges that his/her participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law, including but not limited to their voice and other biographical information being used during the call in a particular Newscast.
8. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, (c) the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of any judges. Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays in the Sweepstakes. Other than the prizes received by the winners, no entrant will be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will have the sole discretion to administer the Sweepstakes and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening, or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source.
If there is any conflict between the terms of these Official Rules and any advertising or marketing materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms of the Official Rules will govern.
9. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to release, discharge, and hold harmless WREG-TV, WREG License, LLC, and their respective affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries, and the advertising agencies, promotion agencies, and other third parties involved in the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; (b) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
10. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes and assume no responsibility for (a) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless or hardline calling service, busy lines, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (b) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (c) mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (d) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (e) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or damage to telephone, mobile phone or other PDA device, (f) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (g) entries that are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the entry process are the sole responsibility of each entrant, and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
11. In Case of Dispute: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Tennessee. The state and federal courts located in Shelby County, Tennessee will be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. All entrants and winners agree, by their participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Shelby County, Tennessee and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
12. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WREG-TV, c/o Debbie Bringle, 803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103, by November 16, 2018. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours at WREG-TV’s business offices or online at http://www.wreg.com.
13. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WREG-TV, c/o Tracy Whitaker, 803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours after July 20, 2018.
14. Rights Reserved: The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsor without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
15. Sponsor: WREG-TV, 803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be legal US residents, 18+ residing in Memphis DMA. Void elsewhere & where prohibited. Sweepstakes runs weekdays from 6:00 am CT on 10/29/18 to 10:35 pm CT on 11/16/18. To enter, watch WREG-TV weekday newscasts at 6-7 am CT and 10-10:35 pm CT newscasts for cue to call. 3rd caller after cue who can name “Thanks for the Cash” word or phrase will win. Prizes determined by number stated in cue to call & range from $300-$1,500. Official Rules at wreg.com. Sponsor: WREG-TV, 803 Channel 3 Drive, Memphis, TN 38103.