Crews put out rooftop fire at Blues City Cafe

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Fire Department responded to a fire at Blues City Cafe in the 100 block of Beale Street Monday night.

Authorities arrived to the scene to put out a fire that occupied a small portion of the roof.

They say flames were shooting out of the roof when they arrived.

The restaurant was evacuated, and there are no reported injuries so far.

The fire department says the fire was caused by a malfunctioning ventilator on the roof.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.